[rosa-devel] python-imaging

Denis Silakov denis.silakov at rosalab.ru
Thu Dec 12 22:18:44 MSK 2013

On 12.12.2013 22:10, symbianflo wrote:

> In data giovedi` 12 dicembre 2013 16:18:43, Denis Silakov ha scritto:
>
> > On 12/12/2013 03:50 PM, Symbianflo wrote:
>
> > > Ok I'll fork it in import and ask for a QA, should be tested
>
> > > Mostly the apps that use python-imaging.
>
> > > Can you help me with a list of apps that requires PIL?
> (Python-imaging)
>

> > Uh-oh, the list of the 'main' apps is very small:
>

> > * hplip
>
> ouch....
>
> really ? hplip needs python-imaging?

According to
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/distros/other.html,
"PIL - Python Imaging Library (required for commandline scanning with
hp-scan)"

But if other distros use pillow, then likely they tested hplip with it?
Since I am sure hplip is shipped and well tested by users of many
distributions.

> > emesene
>
> ??? I thought I've canceled emesene from contrib ? Are you sure?
>
> Maybe we should delete the git too ?What's the reason to keep it ?

Ah, likely it still sits in main/release repo, so nevermind, just ignore it.

--
Regards,
Denis.