[rosa-devel] Rpmdrake and urpmi in testing repo - with additional debug messages

Denis Silakov denis.silakov at rosalab.ru
Fri Dec 13 12:53:20 MSK 2013

Hi all,

As some of you know, from time to time ROSA users notice that some
repositories become disabled in their urpmi.cfg files and thus they
can't get their systems updated properly.

This likely happens due to different problems with mirrors (mirror is
out of sync, has bad connection, etc.). We want to investigate this
problem deeper and to do this, I have added some more debug output to
rpmdrake and urpmi packages (mdkapplet will be also affected, since it
uses parts of rpmdrake and urpmi).

Updated rpmdrake and urpmi are available in testing repo of Desktop
Fresh. Feel free to install these packages and use them for some time.
If you notice that one of your repos became disabled, then take
/var/log/urpmi.repos file and send it to me.

Even if you don't get repositories disabled, please check from time to
time to /var/log/urpmi.repos and look for "Attempt to disable repo
during check" phrase. If it appears, let me know and send the log.

Thanks in advance for you help.

--
Denis Silakov, ROSA Laboratory.
www.rosalab.ru