[rosa-devel] /etc/urpmi/urpmicfg.d - analogue of /etc/yum.repos.d

symbianflo symbianflo at mandrivausers.ro
Mon Dec 16 22:48:51 MSK 2013

In data lunedì 16 dicembre 2013 22:05:59, Denis Silakov ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> urpmi is often compared with its analogues like yum and apt and one of
> the features missing in our sowftare manager is possibility to put
> descriptions of different repositories to different files, without
> introducing a big mess in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg.
>
> At the same time yum, for example, provides possibility to put *repo
> files to /etc/yum/repos.d folder (or any other folder you set in
> configuration). So you can get different files for repositories of
> different purposes. And if you (or more likley - some automated software
> like http://www.katello.org/) want to add/remove a set of repositories
> to you system, it can just add/remove a file from /etc/yum/repos.d.
>
> To be sure, in ROSA/OMV you can do this by calling
> urpmi.addmedia/urpmi.removemedia, but this approach has some
> disadvantages. For example, if you call urpmi.addmedia in post-scripts,
> it is not clear for users why some repositories suddenly appear in their
> systems; in case of systems like Katello it is much more convenient to
> have a separate repo file completely managed by the system itself, etc.
>
> Today I pushed a first attempt to implement analogue of /etc/yum.repos.d
> to the testing repo of ROSA Desktop Fresh. Those of you who have testing
> repos enabled, will get an updated urpmi with which you will be able to
> create *cfg files in /etc/urpmi/urpmicfg.d folder (the folder should be
> created manually atm). *cfg files should be of the same format as
> urpmi.cfg except the global options section - there is no need in it in
> /etc/urpmi/urpmicfg.d/*cfg files.
>
> Urpmi, Rpmdrake & other tools will read information from these cfg files
> in addition to urpmi.cfg. If you invoke manager of Media Sources
> (drakrpm-edit-media), you should be able to modify parameters of media
> specified in /etc/urpmi/urpmicfg.d/*cfg files (to be sure, these
> parameters will be updated in the corresponding cfg file). If you just
> add a new media by means of urpmi.addmedia or drakrpm-edit-media, it
> will be simply added to urpmi.cfg.
>
> So if you are interested in this feature, feel free to test and provide
> your feedback. Even it is completely out of interest for you, it will be
> useful for us to know that updated urpmi at least doesn't break anything.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Denis.

I surely give it a spin... but I'm more interested in enable one repo just for testing a package..
And not have it enabled .

something like :
yum --enablerepo=testing install %name.arch.rpm
this will enable/update the repomd.xml, ( hdlist in our case),
and install the rpm package.

And another thing , I found yum 's approach very handy and easy to use ,
for example this is my   MRB.repo:

[MRB]
name=MRB RPMs for Stella GNU/Linux
baseurl=http://mrb.mandrivausers.ro/MRB/stella/$basearch/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

copy/paste to /etc/yum.repos.d  , period....
and to install something form  there
just :
yum --enablerepo=MRB install hotshots
( just an example)

I really think is a much easier yum way  than urpmi way...
I just hope you see what I mean.

Greetings

     -  MRB ain't no shit
     -  Rosalinux.ro