[rosa-devel] /etc/urpmi/urpmicfg.d - analogue of /etc/yum.repos.d

Denis Silakov denis.silakov at rosalab.ru
Tue Dec 17 15:16:46 MSK 2013

On 12/17/2013 03:02 PM, Dmitry Ashkadov wrote:

> 17.12.2013 13:53, Denis Silakov пишет:
>> Well, we have already found one issue with newer urpmi (concerning
>> media removal) and fixed it.
>>
>> If you use urpmi from the testing repo, please update you system.
>>
>> On 12/16/2013 10:05 PM, Denis Silakov wrote:
>>>
>>> Urpmi, Rpmdrake & other tools will read information from these cfg
>>> files in addition to urpmi.cfg.
>
> I suppose that each tool does NOT read and modify cfg files directly,
> otherwise it will be impossible to maintain these tools?

Surely, all work concerning read/write operations with config files is
encapsulated in urpm modules (urpm/cfg.pm, to be precise). At least in
urpmi, Rpmdrake, drakrpm-edit-media and other Perl programs.

>>> If you invoke manager of Media Sources (drakrpm-edit-media), you
>>> should be able to modify parameters of media specified in
>>> /etc/urpmi/urpmicfg.d/*cfg files (to be sure, these parameters will
>>> be updated in the corresponding cfg file). If you just add a new
>>> media by means of urpmi.addmedia or drakrpm-edit-media, it will be
>>> simply added to urpmi.cfg.
> Why we can't remove urpmi.cfg completelly and and place all configs in
> separate files in urpmcfg.d ?

Hm, what benefits will it give us? We still need some "main" config to
store global options and to be used by default (e.g., by urpmi.addmedia
or by drakrpm-edit-media when you press "Add" button).

--
Denis Silakov, ROSA Laboratory.
www.rosalab.ru