[rosa-devel] Updates Builder - Visualization of Update Results

Denis Silakov denis.silakov at rosalab.ru
Wed Dec 18 16:00:14 MSK 2013

On 12/18/2013 03:57 PM, Symbianflo wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2013, Denis Silakov <denis.silakov at rosalab.ru> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     as some of you likely know, we have an Updates Builder service that
>     detects new upstream releases for some packages and tries to build these
>     new versions in ABF for ROSA and OMV.
>
>     Now we have pages with statistics concerning Updates Builder work:
>     ROSA:http://upstream-tracker.org/updates_builder_reports/rosa_results.html
>     OMV:http://upstream-tracker.org/updates_builder_reports/omv_results.html
>
>     More details here:
>     http://wiki.rosalab.ru/en/index.php/Blog:ROSA_Planet/Updates_Builder_-_Visualization_of_Update_Results
>
>     Feel free to take a look at these pages from time to time and help
>     Updates builder
>     update packages:) (though note that many of that
>     packages are not crucial and their updates can wait for some time).
>

> Awesome, this will replace the package tracker, in the future?
It works in combination with package tracker - Updates Builder uses
information about new upstream releases from Updates Tracker and from
mib-report tool

> And one more question, update builder is aplyed for main packages too?
Yes.

> That requires QA procedure?
Yes. Updates Builder can build a new version in a separate Git branch
('auto_update') and create a pull request. Then some maintainer should
investigate the result, merge pull request if everything is ok, rebuild
package for the necessary repo and send to QA.

--
Denis Silakov, ROSA Laboratory.
www.rosalab.ru