[rosa-devel] Updates Builder - Visualization of Update Results

Jeff Johnson n3npq.jbj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 19:29:19 MSK 2013

On Dec 18, 2013, at 3:47 AM, Denis Silakov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as some of you likely know, we have an Updates Builder service that detects new upstream releases for some packages and tries to build these new versions in ABF for ROSA and OMV.
>
> Now we have pages with statistics concerning Updates Builder work:
> ROSA: http://upstream-tracker.org/updates_builder_reports/rosa_results.html
> OMV: http://upstream-tracker.org/updates_builder_reports/omv_results.html

The percentage of successful builds is less than impressive. There
are some almost trivial fixes  that would at least double the success rate.

Theses rather simple failures appear to be missing:

1) hunk FAILED
+ /usr/bin/patch --fuzz=0 -s -U -p1 -b --suffix .alsa-by-default
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file lib-src/portaudio-v19/src/os/unix/pa_unix_hostapis.c.rej
+ exit 1

	If you disable --fuzz=0, many patches will start to apply.

2) cd: .* No such file or directory

+ cd jack-1.9.9.5
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.65054: line 27: cd: jack-1.9.9.5: No such file or directory
Child returncode was: 1

	The version being used by %setup in the *.spec disagrees with the tarball unpacking.
	It isn't impossibly hard to create a single deterministic subdir name for all %setup unpackings.
	This could even be done by ABF for the overwhelming majority class of single-subdirectory builds.

3) File not found

RPM build errors:
    File not found by glob: /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/hdf5-1.8.11-1-rosa2012.1.i586-buildroot/usr/lib/libhdf5.so.7*
    File not found by glob: /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/hdf5-1.8.11-1-rosa2012.1.i586-buildroot/usr/lib/libhdf5_cpp.so.7*
	These errors could (and likely should) be reported and fixed in %files patterns

hth

73 de Jeff