[rosa-devel] Updates Builder - Visualization of Update Results

symbianflo symbianflo at mandrivausers.ro
Wed Dec 18 22:21:36 MSK 2013

In data mercoledì 18 dicembre 2013 16:00:14, Denis Silakov ha scritto:
> On 12/18/2013 03:57 PM, Symbianflo wrote:
> > On Dec 18, 2013, Denis Silakov <denis.silakov at rosalab.ru> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all,
> >
> >     as some of you likely know, we have an Updates Builder service that
> >     detects new upstream releases for some packages and tries to build these
> >     new versions in ABF for ROSA and OMV.
> >
> >     Now we have pages with statistics concerning Updates Builder work:
> >     ROSA:http://upstream-tracker.org/updates_builder_reports/rosa_results.html
> >     OMV:http://upstream-tracker.org/updates_builder_reports/omv_results.html
> >
> >     More details here:
> >     http://wiki.rosalab.ru/en/index.php/Blog:ROSA_Planet/Updates_Builder_-_Visualization_of_Update_Results
> >
> >     Feel free to take a look at these pages from time to time and help
> >     Updates builder
> >     update packages:) (though note that many of that
> >     packages are not crucial and their updates can wait for some time).
> >

> > Awesome, this will replace the package tracker, in the future?
> It works in combination with package tracker - Updates Builder uses
> information about new upstream releases from Updates Tracker and from
> mib-report tool
>
> > And one more question, update builder is aplyed for main packages too?
> Yes.
>
> > That requires QA procedure?
> Yes. Updates Builder can build a new version in a separate Git branch
> ('auto_update') and create a pull request. Then some maintainer should
> investigate the result, merge pull request if everything is ok, rebuild
> package for the necessary repo and send to QA.

Ok , I'll try to help this "update builder" guy :D where I can , of course..
This would be a awesome tool , with all ups and downs , still remain
a big help for the packagers, IMO.
And another thing  what permits is needed to add gits in update builder?
Can I use it for _my-personal ? ( witch will end up  in contrib,
almost at 100% ...)

Greetings--

     -  MRB ain't no shit
     -  Rosalinux.ro