[rosa-devel] Updates Builder - Visualization of Update Results

Jeff Johnson n3npq.jbj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:32:06 MSK 2013

On Dec 18, 2013, at 12:50 PM, Denis Silakov wrote:

> Not so easy, major goes to subpackage name:
>

>       %define libname %mklibname hdf5_ %{major}
>
>       <...>
>
>       %package -n %{libname}
>
>       <...>

And a grep into the Makefile.in with a wee bit of processing
finds the "real" major forevermore.

	%define major %(grep ... | awk ...)

Bury the extraction into some script somewhere.

One last fine point would be to ensure that major is set exactly once like

	%{expand: %%define major %{grep ... | awk ...)}

(Yes I know all about %global ...)

Problem solved forevermore.

Q.E.D.

>>> So the correct way is to fix 'major' definition, not the %files directly.
>>>

>> Depends on POV and packaging policies du jour.
> Surely. And current policies are to have major number in the name of library packages.

Perhaps I should have said praxis rather than poilicy.

73 de Jeff