[rosa-devel] Updates Builder

Denis Silakov denis.silakov at rosalab.ru
Thu Dec 26 15:22:50 MSK 2013

On 12/26/2013 03:15 PM, Symbian Flo wrote:
> Just a thought..
>
> I think that first of all we need a clean and right spec file ,
> because to update on those specs , by only increase
> the version it is a mess...I know that years ago those spec files ware
> perfect , but now ...
> Or maybe its just me who hates useless macros and bullets....
> IMHO graphite2 ( for example) should be rebuild with graphite2,
> lib%name and %devname, separate
> provided packages, maybe a bit of %major definition (just to keep a
> future clean update..)
> I mean at least those witch end up in main or main-updates....
> Greetings

Yes, that would be nice. Andrey Bondrove performed such cleanups for
most packages in main, but in contrib we still hace a lot of packages
with quite ugly specs.

There is also a spec-cleaner script which is invoked automatically by
Updates Builder:
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/dsilakov/repo-fixers/blob/master/spec-cleaner.pl

But to be sure, not all issues can be corrected in a completely
automated way.

In addition, Updates Builder can sometimes produce not-very-nice-looking
spec by itself (e.g., when adding/dropping entries from %files section),
so sometimes it makes sense to look at its changes and clean them a little.

--
Denis Silakov, ROSA Laboratory.
www.rosalab.ru