[rosa-devel] python3 and rosa

oeai oeai at symbiants.com
Sat Dec 28 02:57:42 MSK 2013

i think that in case of switching there's a need of full ist of
incompatible with 3 soft and if it is less than list of compatible, then
maybe switch 3 to main and 2 in contrib for obsoletes.
but for soft req maybe it would be nice to have both and just link
latest with ~python and leave python.2.7 and have python.3.3 for me it
is frustrating to see python2, python3 it seems for me like it is
breaking some policies imho.
and as for branching maybe in case of include python.3 the 2 spec and
build maybe should be recompiled, so it wasn't installing self as main.

On 28.12.2013 01:04, symbianflo at mandrivausers.ro wrote:

> About the approach of building python3 modules, I've talked with Denis
> and we both
> agree that the most normal and clean way to do it is to branch in
> python3 and build them as
> separate branch ( and not fedora's way to keep all on one spec and
> build&&install in pushd/popd ..)
> Here also I'd like to know what the others are  thinking ( beside
> Denis :D , obviously )
>
> Since more and more distros are switching to abi 3.3 as default I
> think we should have it , at least
> in contrib, if not all 2.7 modules  at least 1/2 of them...
>
> Please let me know what you decide.
>
> PS:
> I did not really care about python until now, just by mistake I've saw
> one of those
>  statistics about published OSS apps sources in 2013, and  python &&
> CO is something like
> 68% from the new entries , I think we should keep rosa up to speed if
> this is the trend,
> even if personally I hate building in python ( I'm despicable ,ain't I
> ? ...)
>
> Greetings

Symbiants
oe ai