[rosa-devel] [Rosa-users] corrupted NVidia updates

Alexander Kazancev alexander.kazantsev at rosalab.ru
Fri May 3 20:52:51 MSK 2013

With KMS disable nouveau or ati may not work - on some machines they run
early, than blacklist will work (systemd related :( ) We need 'nomodeset'
to prevent run any KMS part. With 310 this work OK, but with 313 strongly
need. In next drivers i will plan use Fedora-way and add to kernel grub2
line more options (in Fedora used all posible way - disable KMS, blacklist
and etc - i think with systemd and latest pre-load modules kernel model
strongly need avoid all situation).

2013/5/3 Giovanni Mariani <mc2374 at mclink.it>

> On 03/05/13 18:14, Alexander Kazancev wrote:
> > Also users setup drivers manually and miss STRONGLY needing option
> > 'nomodeset'. I don't know why previous driver worked without it, but 313
> > driver and upper DON'T WORK without it. User simple need add 'nomodeset'
> in
> > kernel line and will not setup nvidia and amd driver manually without
> > XFdrake!
> >
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember that we once used to blacklist radeon
> and nouveau kernel modules, hence preventing them to load at the startup
> time without the need of the "nomodeset" boot option...
> Perhaps now we don't do it anymore and this causes all the above trouble?
>
> GvM

Alexander Kazancev
Release manager of ROSA Desktop distribution