[rosa-devel] Freetype with enabled Adobe CFF engine

Andrey Bondrov andrey.bondrov at rosalab.ru
Sun May 12 15:27:02 MSK 2013

В Sun, 12 May 2013 15:07:55 +0400
Denis Koryavov <denis.koryavov at rosalab.ru> пишет:

> Hello folks!
>
> As you probably know, new freetype2 - 2.4.12 has been released.
> A major new feature is a new rasterizer for CFF fonts, contributed
> by Adobe and Google [1].

It's optional and disabled by default. But I see that you added a
patch to enable it. That's good :-)

In fact, I wanted to make this update myself but found that
binary compatibility of this version with older releases is not
100% (98.9%, see http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/freetype2.html ).
So I decided not to hurry.

Please make sure this update is properly tested by QA to avoid broken
programs (failing with "Symbol not found: ..."). Or perhaps we should
carefully check what was removed and add it back if possible.