[rosa-devel] Mass migration of packages to 'pkgconfig' BRs

symbianflo symbianflo at mandrivausers.ro
Mon May 13 16:45:05 MSK 2013

That's awesome , if it works is really awesome , but I have a problem...
since a lot of my builds are based on specfiles that are  cross -rosa
version
meaning that I have a bcond that ask for pkgconfig(foo) %if %{mdvver} >=
201210
else foo-devel where the foo don't generate a foo.pc file in LTS ( for
various reasons),
my question is all this spec files would be affected ?
If yes that's bad.... a lot of specs  should be rewritten manually
then....
with hope that this tool will not overwrite ounce more foo-devel.
I use to have single spec file per build for both rosa release ( and
since this week
I had in mind RELS too ...)  so finger cross....
IMHO this would generate a lot of dead retrocompat. specs...and to keep
one spec per %{mdvver}
is double work ( for now , with newer rosa releases, more than
double...) or we just forget about LTS
(witch would be bad , we don't have yet 5 years passed..) and move on to
fresh?

greetings

--

           ***MandrivaUsers Romania Backports***