[rosa-devel] Fwd: [Rosa-users] corrupted NVidia updates

Sylvain ZUCCA sylvainsjc at gmail.com
Fri May 3 21:07:01 MSK 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sylvain ZUCCA <sylvainsjc at gmail.com>
Date: 2013/5/3
Subject: Re: [Rosa-users] corrupted NVidia updates
To: Alexander Kazancev <alexander.kazantsev at rosalab.ru>

I rebooted once ==> Fail
I press Ctrl-Alt-F2, log as root, run XFDrake and setup my card with
proprietary drivers  ==> Fail
I added 'nomodeset" in grub kernel line ==> Fail

Screen still black !!!

here the Xorg.0.log <http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gigwiGUj> file, you can
see these errors :

[     8.389] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module.
Please see the
[     8.389] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     system's kernel log for additional error
messages and
[     8.389] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     consult the NVIDIA README for details.
[     8.389] (EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
[     8.389] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failing initialization of X screen 0
[     8.389] (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
[     8.389] (II) UnloadSubModule: "wfb"
[     8.389] (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

>>> http://forum.rosalab.ru/en/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1967&p=15985#p15973