[rosa-devel] Possible DM update problem

Alexander Kazancev alexander.kazantsev at rosalab.ru
Tue May 21 22:04:04 MSK 2013

We still on a way systemd implementation and some things may be problem.

Now we has on some machines problem with update DM (only in test repo in
ABF, not  common update mirrors, don't panic!)

If you system rebooted when update process not done, please doing this
workaround:

1 Try update again
2. See, how many dm package in your system (for kdm for example)

rpm -qa | grep kdm

3. If you have more than one package - for example

kdm-4.10.3-3
kdm-4.10.3.5

delete manually oldest package - press CTRL+F2, login as root, then delete

rpm -e --nodeps kdm-4.10.3-3

4. Reboot system

--
Alexander Kazancev
Release manager of ROSA Desktop distribution