[rosa-devel] A new Kernel is on the way (inside my mind) > rtQL

Nicolò Costanza abitrules at yahoo.it
Sat May 25 22:25:46 MSK 2013

Hi,
now kernel rtQL is not only inside my mind, but it's already working in my own PCs

Kernel rtQL 3.8.13 for ROSA2012 2012.1, MDV2010/11 cooker
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3939

$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.8.13-rt8.rtQL1rosa.lts #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Sat May 25 11:39:33 CEST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Naturally is only a first Alpha version, but performs just well, for example:
I can see the BFQ operating, when I open files & folders and uksmd too...

I'll search to add even more features and speedups in the next versions

Now, I ask to Mario Moles, but also to whoever else want to try and test:
if tomorrow he can try some preliminar testing to this "new born kernel"

and reporting ASAP his ever precious feedback with his first impressions

HOW TO INSTALL?
if you have configured the proper repository, from:
kernel3.8_http://abf-downloads.rosalinux.ru/kernels_38x_personal/

it should be be very easy:
# urpmi kernel-rtQL-devel-latest kernel-rtQL-latest

thanks, for your attention and help

bye, NicCo