[rosa-devel] A new Kernel is on the way (inside my mind) > rtQL

Nicolò Costanza abitrules at yahoo.it
Sun May 26 12:15:04 MSK 2013

Hi,

It has been reported by Mario Moles: the first results of his testing

pros:
-rtQL behaviour with audio apps > -rtQL is as good as to the plain -rt

cons:
but both kernels are affected by problems after less than 30 mins:
pulseaudio and qjackctl crash often forcing him to new kde session
(the crashes happen with kernel-rt8.1 and kernel-rt8.rtQL1 both)

so I immediately replaced -rt8 with -rt9, available since few day:
now ABF is rebuilding, -rt8 packages would be replaced with -rt9

Kernel 3.8.13 -rt8 has been updated to -rt9
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22047#p22047

%changelog
+ kernel 3.8.13 (EOL) - update to rt9
- replaced old -rt8 patch for 3.8.11 with newest -rt9 patch for 3.8.13
- fixed the path of # -rt patches in kernel.spec (patch101, source 101)
- Kernel 3.8 for mdv 2010.2, 2011.0, cooker, rosa.lts2012.0, rosa2012.1
- MIB (Mandriva International Backports) - http://mib.pianetalinux.org/
- This kernel contains also some other patches to improve the hw support

Kernel 3.8.13 -rt8 rtQL1 has been updated to -rt9 rtQL1
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22048&f=2#p22048

%changelog
* Sun May 26 2013 Nicolo' Costanza <abitrules at yahoo.it> 3.8.13-rt9.rtQL1
+ kernel 3.8.13 (EOL) - update to rt9
- replaced old -rt8 patch for 3.8.11 with newest -rt9 patch for 3.8.13
- Kernel 3.8 for mdv 2010.2, 2011.0, cooker, rosa.lts2012.0, rosa2012.1
- MIB (Mandriva International Backports) - http://mib.pianetalinux.org/
- This kernel contains also some other patches to improve the hw support

thanks, for your attention and help

bye, NicCo