[rosa-devel] Kernel 3.4.47 nrj & nrjQL for ROSA Marathon X1

Nicolò Costanza abitrules at yahoo.it
Wed May 29 20:10:03 MSK 2013

Hi,

Today we are
 aligning with the "Latest LTSš Kernel 3.4.x": now is kernel 3.4.47At the moment, we have all the latest Kernel versions, ranging from LTS 3.0 to 3.10 rc, we are missing none of them...

Apart continuing this genre of good support and updating, my future plans for June, are just the following:
1. preparing a complete kernel 3.9.x series with nrj and nrjQL srpms (I'm already working on that...)
2 . supporting kernel-vanilla, kernel-rt, kernel-rtQL for all LTS Kernels (3.0, 3.2, 3.4) and also for old 3.6.11
3 . preparing a new hybrid kernel called something like kernel-nrj-vanilla or kernel-nrj-desktop-vanilla:
will be vanilla (without 3rd party patches) but with a Preempt & Multimedia configs to improve Desktop
4 . updating (adapting) all LTS kernels (3.0, 3.2, 3.4) to the new srpm scheme (NRJ4) and all the flavours
5 . and, only if it remains the necessary time, I would like completing all the documentation about kernels

Availability: only for ROSA Marathon X1 2012.0: right now is building into ABF...
(my tests have been made, not from ABF rpms, but from my own local builds and then installation)
in less than 15 mins there should be kernel-nrj-desktop-3.4.47 andš kernel-nrjQL-desktop-3.4.47
then, later today,š or tomorrow, we will rebuild upto 8 different flavours

- 3 differentš flavours: nrj-desktop, nrj-netbook, server
- 5 differentš flavours nrjQL-desktop, nrjQL-laptop, nrjQL-netbook, nrjQL-realtime, nrjQL-server
(it's possible to import srpm and build different flavour like 32-pae enabled or any other cpu oriented)

MORE INFO:

Kernel 3.4.47 for ROSA Marathon X1 (2012.0)
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3953

Kernel 3.0.80 nrjQL for ROSA Marathon X1 (2012.0)
http://mib.pianetalinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3954

Please start testing any desktop kernel 3.4.47: report your experiences to MIB forum

thanks for Your attention
bye, NicCo