[rosa-devel] DO WE TEST UPDATES ? Most of the equipment is not working after upgrading to 3.8.12 and other packages on HP ProBook 6465b

Sergey Lozenkov sergey.lozenkov at rosalab.ru
Thu May 30 09:34:06 MSK 2013

Good day.
It is not good day for me. Today I have updated my system and have got completely non-working computer :((((((((((((((
0. After updating packages I want to reboot system but power button in SW is not working (I use reboot command). First start of updated system was verrrrrrrrrrrry long.

After reboot I have such system:
1. Wired network interface is not working. I have grey (disabled) tab for wired connection in NM and not configured network in ifconfig -a output.
2. Wireless interface is not working (i have no interface in iwconfig output at all)
3. USB sticks are not mouted automatically
4. /var/log/messages is full of network errors
5. I have no sound (I have only fictitious device in mixer, but Analog stereo and HDMI is disabled (grey) )

I understand that maybe my situation is rare but I am very disappointed with this situation.
I had good system on 3.6.10 with all working hardware, but after updating I could not use my laptop for anything usefull :(((((

P.S. I try to collect all diagnostic infogmation for creating cases.

Firstlevel Rosalab